Go Back   EnviroCitizen Forum |Green, Natural, Organic, Eco-Friendly & Environmental Community Forum > Forums Home > Green News / Articles
Follow Us:                                                    
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Green News / Articles A place to discuss any environmental news or articles.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2010, 12:00 PM

Default U.S. schools adding fresh food without busting budgets

Working in a school I found this article so great. I think it's wonderful that schools are trying to bring in more fresh fruit and veggies!

[url=http://www.mnn.com/food/healthy-eating-recipes/stories/us-schools-adding-fresh-food-without-busting-budgets]U.S. schools adding fresh food without busting budgets | MNN - Mother Nature Network[/url]
Old 10-12-2010, 10:47 AM

I saw Jamie Olivers documentary on the lunch's kids end up eating. I hated school lunch even at the young age of 8 or 9 I remember thinking god this looks nasty, or wow that burger does not look edible. My parents own a deli, and so I always had a knowledge of food!
Old 04-09-2011, 04:49 PM

It's wonderful that schools are adding more fruits and vegetables, especially if they remove junk food and pop. Wouldn't it be great if the fruits and vegetables were organic? Even if they aren't, it's a step in the right direction.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:57 AM

I doubt the produce is organic. Schools are in a tough position since the budget is