Asia is home to fascinating cultures, ancient sites and an abundance of adventurous travel opportunities. From wildlife watching to biking and trekking, there is something here to suit everyone. Perhaps the most visited is South-East Asia, with some of the friendliest people, best beaches, most dramatic scenery and most amazing food in the world, it's no wonder that South East Asia keeps us coming back for more. New travelers to the region are rewarded with opportunities to try many new activities, such as hill tribe trekking, diving over a coral reef or kayaking by limestone pinnacles, while those on a repeat trip will always find something new to see such as Angkor Wat or lovely, laidback Luang Prabang.
However, for the ultimate Asian adventure travel opportunities EnviroCitizen.org suggests you try to visit Central Asia with its off-the-beaten-path adventures, North-East Asia with its dramatic landscapes and colorful South Asia.
Below are some of the top Asian green adventure destinations:
1) See orangutans in Malaysia - Set in the lush 4,300-hectare Kabili-Sepilok Forest Reserve, the Sepilok Orangutan Sanctuary attracts travelers and researchers alike, giving them the opportunity to get face to face with orangutans in their natural habitat. A boardwalk leads you to a viewing gallery and feeding platform where the apes are fed milk and bananas twice a day by rangers. Feeding time also attracts long-tailed macaques to the area.
2) Explore Angkor Wat - There are countless temples at Angkor but one of the main ones of course, is Angkor Wat itself (regarded as the masterpiece of Khmer architecture), the walled city of Angkor Thomk The Baphoun (an 11th century temple with a 131 ft reclining Buddha), the Bayon which is famous for its superb bas reliefs and mysterious faces and Ta Prohm which is still cloaked in jungle.
3) Volunteer in Borneo - Immerse yourself in the culture by living and working with the local communities or experiencing the wildlife of Malaysia..
4) Cycle in Vietnam - 30,000,000 Vietnamese can't be wrong. Handle-bar height gives you the best view of Vietnam! Cycling through this beautiful country provides opportunities to meet the local people and experience the local culture in a way that wouldn't be possible otherwise.
5) Swim with whale sharks in the Philippines - Swimming with a whale shark, locally known as Butanding (scientific name: Rhincodon typus) is the epitome of wildlife encounters - an experience of a lifetime, an experience not to be missed! The sheer size of the largest fish in the ocean will start your adrenaline pumping.
With so much on offer it is little wonder visitors return to this part of the world many times over EnviroCitizen.org encourages you to consider a trip to some of the lesser visited parts of Asian.You may be surprised by how amazing your eco-tour can be!