Choosing a company that offers green long distance services can provide a lot of different benefits. EnviroCitizen.org has found that some companies will even take a portion of their profits and donate it to organizations and movements that support environmental work. Here are other features you should look for in a green long distance carrier:
1. Green long distance carriers provide a lot of money saving options. It can offer discounts and other privileges. You should find a company that donates at least 1% of the company profits to support different non-profit organizations. This may include environmental movements and organizations.
2. Combining these types of services is often more affordable and practical when compared to using individual services provided by other communication companies. Green long distance carriers offer customers optional services such as voicemail, basic phone services, caller identification, call waiting and voice activated calling. You won’t need to manage different phone services bills and you will also feel good knowing that a percentage of your bill goes to supporting and conserving our planet.
There are many other green long distance carriers that are involved in green movements worldwide. Some of those are:
1. Working Assets - This Company offers long distance, wireless and even credit card services.
2. RedJellyFish - This carrier operates on the utilization of wind energy that is 100% green-e certified. This company donates 8% of its total revenue to different environmental groups, prints their bills and statements using 100% recycled paper, utilizes recycled plastic for their calling cards and offsets their energy usage with green and renewable energy credits. The services and rates the company offers are great, not to mention that signing up with them is fast and simple!
3. Earth Tones - This is the only long distance carrier that can give 100% of its total profits to different environmental groups.
4. CAAffinit - This Company raises funds to support around 3,000 non-profit groups in the country.
5. BetterWorldTelecom - This Company focuses on serving the needs of its business while still being conscious and aware of the people, the Earth, and the economy.
Green long distance carriers are increasing in number and hopefully, people subscribing to these companies will also increase in number. EnviroCitizen.org has found that they not only provide superior services to their subscribers, but they also help to preserve the environment by supporting green organizations.