Case for Green Long Distance
Envirocitizen.org feels very strongly about green long distance. There are many benefits to green long distance, such as the portion of profits which are donated towards supporting environmental work.
Here are a few things that greatly support the case for choosing green long distance :
- Green long distance providers provide a multitude of money saving options, like international discount service. Also, take into consideration that 1% of the profits taken in are distributed to support a variety of non-profit organizations, which are not only limited to environmental organizations.
- On average, 7% of you green long distance bill goes towards environmental causes. You can choose to use this service as an alternative to your long distance and local service. Combining these services often costs less than using the individual services of other providers. You can often benefit from unlimited national calling anywhere in the United States. Green long distance providers also offer customers additional service options such as basic phone service, voice mail, call waiting, caller identification and voice-activated calling. Not only will you no longer have to juggle multiple phone service bills, but you can feel good knowing that 7% of your green long distance bill is going towards conserving and supporting the earth !
There are many approved green long distance providers that proudly take part in green efforts worldwide! Envirocitizen.org continues to research and discover both old and new providers offering a number of valuable services.
Some of those companies are :
- Working Assets - wireless, long distance and credit card services.
- RedJellyfish - ISP operates using 100% Green-e certified wind energy. Red Jellyfish donates 8% of their revenue to environmental groups, prints their statements on 100% recycled paper, uses recycled plastic for their phone cards and offsets all of their energy usage with renewable energy credits. The rates and service are excellent and sign-up is fast and simple !
- Earth Tones - the only long distance or internet service company to give 100% of its profits to environmental groups.
- CAAffinity – raises funds for approximately 3,000 nonprofit groups nationwide.
- BetterWorldTelecom – focuses solely on serving the needs of businesses while remaining conscious of people, the planet and remaining economical.
The case for green long distance is extremely persuading. Not only do they provide superior service to phone users, but they also do a lot of good for the environment. EnvirCitizens.org proudly directs interested readers to a number of different green long distance providers ready and willing to serve you while supporting the earth!